Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What should I expect from a high school golf team try out?

I'm trying out for the golf team next week, I am a sophmore and never been on a golf team. What should I expect? What will they make me do?What should I expect from a high school golf team try out?Well they will definitely want to see you play a few rounds. Make sure that you're comfortable playing 18 holes and that you can shoot somewhere below 90 at the very least. If you have a handicap, this is a great thing as well. Depending on how strong your team is, you will either make a JV team or Varsity.

My Varsity team is very strong and you have to shoot about an 80 to make the team, but I know of teams where you can shoot 100 and they'd be glad to have you

Just remember to show that you're dedicated to the sport and that you want to get better, that's most importantWhat should I expect from a high school golf team try out?Expect to run a couple of laps around the golf course. If you don't break 50 for 9 holes, usually the seniors and juniors will beat you down and steal your clubs.What should I expect from a high school golf team try out?Should expect practice rounds, if your decent you will most likely make it. But once you do most high schools have qualifiers

No comments:

Post a Comment