Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where can I find the most reliable source of information about golf balls?

I previously got no good answers for my other question so I thought that I would try again. I need to find out the dimensions of a standard size golf ball in Australia.

Thank you :)



God bless.Where can I find the most reliable source of information about golf balls?The obvious one is that it has to be as round as manufacturing tolerances allow it to be. It also has to weight more than 1.620 oz. (45.93g). It has to have an outside diameter of no less than 1.680 in. (42.67mm). It's important to note that there is no maximum size, the ball can be as large as desired provided it conforms to all other standards.Where can I find the most reliable source of information about golf balls?Put on a diving outfit and check the contents of the nearest golf course lake.Where can I find the most reliable source of information about golf balls?read up on your information and go test them yourself..its fun!!!Where can I find the most reliable source of information about golf balls?
Dear Sarah,



The first place to look for help is to get a copy of the Rules of Golf published by the U.S.G.A. and the R.%26amp;A. All specifications for conforming balls are in the Rules and there is also a published Decisions book which amplifies and details the interpretation of the Rules of Golf. Both governing bodies also publish a conforming ball list my model and by manufacturer. The so called "British ball" which was slightly smaller than the Rules demand today is no longer conforming and consequently not available readily in retail golf shops. Years ago the "British ball" was played in Australia.



Note: There are balls which are made smaller than conforming balls and heavier than conforming balls. They go about 30 yards further at 100 mph swing speed with a driver.



It's important to note that all balls tested by the U.S.G.A. are nearly identical other than a small percentage of 2% + or -. The Rules also dictate that as testing methodology becomes more precise all balls will be identical, no matter who the manufacturer is. The P.G.A. Tour in the U.S. is still kicking around the idea of having a one ball rule for their tournaments. That would ruin the golf ball sales of many Companies.



I have answered with more than you asked in hopes that my reply would instill in you confidence with the members of Yahoo Answers devoted to golf and golf only. Good day mate!
  • english to arabic translation
  • bully dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment