Sunday, February 12, 2012

How can a hole in one be so common? Hitting a golf ball 250 yards into a 4" hole should be a zillion to one?

I can't understand how holes in one can be so common. It took 65 years for an NHL goalie to score a goal and they're shooting at a 6'x4' net. How can a golf ball land in a 4" hole from 250 yards away almost like nothing. Sometimes there are three holes in one in a week that you hear about.How can a hole in one be so common? Hitting a golf ball 250 yards into a 4" hole should be a zillion to one?a bajillion zillion people play every day so people are going to get luckyHow can a hole in one be so common? Hitting a golf ball 250 yards into a 4" hole should be a zillion to one?For one thing, the majority of par 3 holes where the hole - in - one is scored are from 95 to 165 yards in length. Most courses have 4 par 3s . There are several thousand golfers making the shots so many are bound to go in. In our family of 4 adult golfers, I am the only maker of a hole in one. My cousin had 16 holes in one, 3 in high school. So one hits that perfect shot which takes the perfect bounce and it goes in.How can a hole in one be so common? Hitting a golf ball 250 yards into a 4" hole should be a zillion to one?I am a terrible golfer and yet I was blessed to drop a ball smack into a cup from over 100 yards out. On that par five hole, I scored an eagle and I am very proud of it.



No bounce, just cup. Three co-worker/friends saw it happen and I had all three sign the ball which is sitting on my desk in from of me.



It happens and it was not a zillion to one.How can a hole in one be so common? Hitting a golf ball 250 yards into a 4" hole should be a zillion to one?
Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment