Sunday, February 12, 2012

How far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?

I am 15, 5 foot 3. and I have never swung a golf club once in my life until 1 week ago. The first time I swung I could drive the ball 175 straight until maybe a 1 foot hook to the right at the end. I can consistently hit it 150 - 200, and never had lessons or swung a club before. Is this good?How far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?yep when i first swung a golf club i could only hit the ball 20 meters but now i can hit 200 -150 meters constantly



keep practicing and you will be as good as tiger woodsHow far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?
That sounds a good distance for your age but really it doesn't matter unless you are hitting it straight consistently. A full grown male with only basic golf skills can probably hit it 200 yards.



When I was a high handicap golfer, I could really let rip for 250-280 yards but it was not consistent at all. In the end I settled for less distance and greater accuracy.How far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?That is a good start but concentrate on the part of the game which will result in straight shots. Long is only good when the shot is straight. You will have more fun when you start learning the short shots, scrambling out of rough, sticking a ball close to the pin when hitting from a bunker, hitting an excellent shot after bungling an easy one. All of these are the joys of the game which require skill.How far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?
if your a beginner, dont worry about distance at all. just work on hitting it straight. if you're in the fairway, you're in good shape. cause its much harder to play golf out of the rough than from the farwayHow far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?Yeah it's good Don't focus on distance to much. The distance will come as you play more. I would definitely stay focused on you accuracy. I'm 27yo 6'0 and drive 300+. Normal days I'm 300-315. Good days I'm hitting 320+. But I would take 280yds on a drive no problem if I was hitting every fairway. I hit far but I've been playing baseball my whole life so I know how to generate high club speed.How far should a beginner be able to drive a golf ball?
Bobby,



That's great! Age, weight, and height are not near as important as hitting the golf ball cleanly.



I have a page on how to drive a golf ball straight and far filled with free instructional golf videos. You can find that here:



http://www.thisishowyoudoit.com/how-to-d鈥?/a>



This may even get you to the 250 mark.



Good luck,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment