Sunday, February 5, 2012

How can I work out for golf and football?

I am a freshman in high school and my freshman year in high school I was an under rated player. I played every game but I didn't start. I am currently in golf and I feel that I am falling behind physically. If I start to get bulky for football it could damage my swing. I have been playing football since I was 6. I really like golf. How can I work out for both?How can I work out for golf and football?Omg dude same here, I play both and never even have time for Golf anymore. I guess you could go to the golf range/course on the weekends?How can I work out for golf and football?It all depends what position you play in football...if you dont need to get your upper body bulked up (ie fullback, or linebacker) focus more on your legs for speed...



You can really bulk your legs up a lot without too many adverse affects on your golfswing.



When doing your upper body, focus more on extended reps at lesser weight. Your goal is to build tone.



Also, as far as a golf swing goes, you need flexibility. This means lots of stretches (and if you are comfortable with it, yoga/pilates)



Lastly, if you do go for upper body bulk, you need to work out your body in its muscle pairs for maximum effectiveness.



Example, if you do a lot of bench press, makes sure you also to some seated rows, and some lat pull downs to balance out the muscle group. Biceps and triceps, etc, etc..



Really work out all parts of yoru abs too, this can add some serioud yards to your drives..



Well, hopefully this shines some light on the subject a bit.



Good luck



Oh yeah, dont slack it either....go hard or dont bother...

I see 15-16 yr old kids all the time spend 30-40 mins in the weight room....this just doesnt cut it (not even for golf standards!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment