Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?

I'm 15 and by the time golf try-outs will be i'll be 16. The past few days i've gone to the driving range and can consistently hit the ball over 150 yards half the time, and over 200 yards the other half. I was wondering what's the average distance a 16 year old can hit the ball with their driver?What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?I'm 15 and as a Freshman on my team I was the short-knocker, but I still put it out there 250 average. I'd say pick up some distance man! Good luck!



Oh, and Googie... I believe it is "putt" for dough. Close enough.What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?
To be honest with you, a 16 year old should be looking at around 250 yards consistently. Many will hit mid to low irons over 150 yards so you need to work on something to increase your distance. However in reality average distance doesn't come down to your age, but things like your height, your strength and your swing. But I would say for your age that you are hitting the ball under the AVERAGE.



For all the 12 year olds that come on here and say they can driver the ball over 300 yards, don't talk s**t, no one believes you.What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?PGA pro Corey Pavin who consistently ranks as one of the shortest drivers on the tour comes in at an average 259 yards. Since I'm guessing you are not quite that good yet i'd say you should be happy with 235 straight. Most 16 year olds don't play golf and so you are probably above average. However if you are trying to make the high school golf team, it can be very competitive and the more the merrier.
I would put more emphasis on years played as opposed to age. A beginner golfer, 16 or 30 years old, isn't going to hit it very far...just as a 16 and 35 year old who had play for ten years each should be around 250 or more. Like ppl have said earlier, its more important that it is straight; then the distance will come with experience and technique. But anything consistently over 225 would not hurt lol.What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?There are no statictics for 16 year old drivers of golf balls. The more important stat is how many fairways do you hit and how many greens in regulation do you do in an 18 hole round. When you improve in each of these areas, you are starting to develop a game. Remember, you drive for show and you chip for dough.What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?
there really is not statistic for that, and it all depends how long you have been playing the sport. i mean, no offense, but im a 13 year old girl and i can hit a bit farther than you so it all depends on experience and skill. good luck making the golf team though, i know ill be joining my high schools one day- but i have to get there first :)
I am 16 and I hit my 9 iron 150. I hit my driver 290 consistently.



But on average I would say 240 but a good drive for a 16 year old is 260-270.What's the average distance a 16 year old can drive the golf ball?
you should be able to hit it atleast 250 yards with the driver.
should be looking to hit it a minimum of 230 - 250
to be competitive you should be hitting at least 235-250

No comments:

Post a Comment