Monday, January 23, 2012

Can someone tell me about frisbee golf discs? What kind are good to start with, how are they different?

I'm about to start playing frisbee golf and I guess the disc is different than a regular frisbee. What are the differences, what are the general prices, anything I should know about the game? Thanks very much!Can someone tell me about frisbee golf discs? What kind are good to start with, how are they different?Golf discs are generally smaller and heavier than frisbees. The discs will go a lot farther than a frisbee and take some practice to learn to throw. They tend to turn a lot more than what you are used to so you have to throw them a lot flatter. The two main manufacturers are Innova and Discraft. I would start with something simple and easy to throw straight, like an Innova leopard or shark in a 150 gram weight. Play with one disc until you decide you like it, than look for a putter and a longer driver. You should be able to get a dx plastic disc for around $8. If there is no one in your town selling discs, check out www.disc-diva.com, and we will help you out.



Steve Hardyman

No comments:

Post a Comment