Monday, January 30, 2012

How likely is it to recieive a letter of intent for golf?

My buddy is a junior in high school and plays for the golf team. he is obsessed like i am and he has a pretty good chance at going to state this year, not to mention next year. He is probably a 2 handicap right now and will probably be under par by next year. how likely is it that he will receive a 'letter of intent' to play college golf?How likely is it to recieive a letter of intent for golf?You need rankings that are derived from amateur junior tours like AJGA - so play in everything you can find, the more tournaments the better

and you can't be passive - you need to get your name out there to every d1 - d3 school around and submit a great cover letter expressing your interest personalized to the schools ( really suck up to the coach ) and your resume with a list of accomplishments, tournaments, volunteeer efforts and GPA and ACT scores

Be proactive and not wait for them to come to you - GO TO THEM

Keep in mind a scholarship has at a minimum 100K worth of value - So work your a$$ trying to get oneHow likely is it to recieive a letter of intent for golf?He probably won't receive one. When I was in high school, I shot consistent low 30s. I made the state tournament 3 years and came in 1st 2/3 of the years. I usually shot around high 60s when I'd play 18. I didn't get a letter of intent and no colleges were interested. Now, I'm 35 and live with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment