Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I become a pro caddy once I am already a golf caddy?

I already work at a private golf course but I want to become better. I want to be a pro caddy.How do I become a pro caddy once I am already a golf caddy?Being a pro's caddie is a tuff job. As a teenager (many years ago) I was a caddie at a private country club. The last few years, I've volunteered as a caddie at a local Futures Tour event (one level below LPGA). I've seen caddies at Pebble Beach in action (looping for regular paying customers). My suggestion is to start out small... volunteer at a local event (Futures Tour, Cactus Tour, Hooters Tour, etc.) and you'll have a much better idea of areas you need to work on. Then try to catch-on with some local golf talent and keep your fingers crossed that they make it to the big show! Best of luck to you!How do I become a pro caddy once I am already a golf caddy?Go to a PGA Tour event and hope that someone's regular doesn't show up. You'd have a better chance going to a Nationwide event and trying to latch on to someone there, then hope the guy makes it to the big leagues.



It's getting harder and harder- most guys (and gals on the LPGA) use relatives or close friends. It isn't like the old days...How do I become a pro caddy once I am already a golf caddy?Not sure of the right answer for you...however I do know that National Geographic put out a program years ago about the daily life of pro caddies...very very cool stuff...tuff life though...not everyone is going to make millions like Tiger's Caddie...that and you better have some very thick skin because caddie abuse is very common...a lot of these pro golfers are egotistical arrogant jerks to their hired help...they miss a shot...YOU are to blame not them and they will let you know it....How do I become a pro caddy once I am already a golf caddy?
Caddies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment