Thursday, February 9, 2012

Would I need a computer for swapping a 1986 stock golf engine for a gti 1.8 engine?

Do I need a computer or anything else if I want to swap a 1986 stock golf engine for a gti 1.8 engine?Would I need a computer for swapping a 1986 stock golf engine for a gti 1.8 engine?This is a "plug and play" operation. You will need the computer and harness as suggested,the exhaust to the cat..the air box and air cleaner and piping to the throttle body. If you are methodical and study the differences between the two before you start it is a piece of cake. Don't let it intimidate you as it is really easy if you are truly mechanically inclined.Would I need a computer for swapping a 1986 stock golf engine for a gti 1.8 engine?You will need the brain (computer), and all of the wiring harnesses. Quite a task for an amateur, but worth it. You might want to get the Bentley manual to guide you through the process.Would I need a computer for swapping a 1986 stock golf engine for a gti 1.8 engine?No, you shouldn't.



If I remember correctly, the only difference, really, is the size of the valves in the cylinder head, and the fact that the GTIs had higher compression. The regular non-GTI heads were non interference motors, while the GTI engine was an interference motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment